Tuesday, August 20, 2013

To the government...

Dear government,
I may not be known to you, but we are related actually we are intricately related. We are tied in a bond. When I chose you, the bond was supposed to be that of trust and loyalty but with deep regret I am forced to say that I gave birth to an illegitimate child.You needed me for your existence, you also needed me for your survival but when it came to fulfilling my hopes and aspirations, in a brutal showcase of your indifferent nature, you have just shunned me, like today's generation does to their unwanted parents.
But, I am neither old nor helpless, I am just tolerant. Tolerant towards your so called illustrious, visionary and intellectual officials and politicians, tolerant when you made a thousand promises to me guaranteeing me a secured and prosperous life which I knew were mere illusions, tolerant when you highjacked my hard earned resources, tolerant when disasters like Kalmadi and A. Raja marred my innocence and serenity.
But not anymore! You mistook my tolerance as my habit. I think it is high time for me to raise a voice so loud that it would fall on your deaf ears. And this time you are going to hear my voice because this time I am not one or two or a few hundreds rather we are all together as one.
We are all fed up of hiding our mistakes of breaking the traffic rules by a Rs 100 note, paying a few 1000 bucks extra for a passport hurts us, a few lakhs for an admission to an institute is no more gonna be a method, we won't pay a penny extra to the 'babu' to clear my pension bill, we won't pay anything for a loan sanction, and we won't let anybody exploit us in the name of convenience and ease.
I am not a supporter of any political party. Neither am I against the congress nor am I any admirer or follower of Mr. Anna Hazare. I am just against corruption. I do not support Mr. Anna Hazare but I support my rights, I am not with Anna Hazare rather I am one. Its not that I've not raise a voice before, Yes I have, but when I reached you for help I was stabbed, I was betrayed and subsequently I was subjugated, and when I tried to raise a voice against the betrayal I was again betrayed and hence again subjugated. But this time I would neither request nor can you suppress me because this time I am not an individual but a phenomenon. This time I am a REVOLUTION, that is meant to shake your very roots.
You have forced me to show you this face of mine. What can I do when my leader, my representative Dr. Manmohan Singh says "I am helpless because of the coalition pressures." My sentiments bleed not when you impose Section 144 but when the punishments for violating it differ between me and the honourable Mr. Rahul Gandhi. He is dropped home with due respect and I am sent to tihar jail. Well, for that I am thankful to you because I could meet the big shots like Mr. Kalmadi and Mr. A Raja, who are a few of those respected people who instigated me to turn into a revolution from an individual.
Your non approval to the jan lokpal bill is no more a shock to me. P.Chidambaram, Kapil Sibal, Jairam Ramesh, Ambika Soni, Pranab Mukherjee are no doubt intellectual visionaries but they have failed to take any right step forward. So I have decided to share their workload. I won't stop this time. I am bigger and better and more powerful and most of all I am one. If you suppress anyone of us, you give birth to a thousand more, like you tried to suppress one Anna and now there are  thousands of Annas on the roads. Beware, suppressing righteous demands might instigate more fire and a million will not take time to become a billion.


Yours 'truely'
Common man

0 comments:

Post a Comment